Friday, October 2, 2009

One Last Weekend

Here we are, headed into the final weekend before sliding starts. I stopped by the track today to see how the icing of the track was going. Ive never seen it look so good so early. The track easilly has an inch to an inch and a half of ice and looked mostly bump free. It was beautiful being up on Mt Van Hoevenberg, with millions of different shades of yellow, red and orange that coat the mountain side this time of year. I was feeling the excitement of a child as I walked up and down the track. I am going to spend this weekend reflecting, preparing the final equipment changes that I need, and getting some rest before the 3 week marathon of sliding hits us on Monday. Ill keep you posted as soon as we get on ice. I am going to enjoy a few glasses of wine this weekend as well. I have a 2004 Turley Moore Vineyard Zinfandel on tap for this weekend as well as a Vajra Moscato d'Asti. Ill post on those when I have them. Ciao!

No comments: